Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday, January 9, 2023

Shilpa Shirodkar credits Mithun Chakraborty and Anil Kapoor for her film career; says, “Anil carried my photo album to show the producer and director” https://ift.tt/n9WIxQp

Shilpa Shirodkar, who returned to television, after taking a break from her film career, recalled about how she entered the entertainment industry. Readers may be aware that she is the sister of former beauty queen and popular actress Namrata Shirodkar. Shilpa revealed in a recent interview that at the start of her career, she got written off after losing two films. However, the actress expressed her gratitude towards Anil Kapoor for helping her as well as Mithun Chakraborty for giving her, her debut film Bhrashtachar.

Shilpa Shirodkar credits Mithun Chakraborty and Anil Kapoor for her film career; says, “Anil carried my photo album to show the producer and director”

In an interview with Times of India, Shilpa Shirodkar revealed that when she lost the Jitendra, Sridevi, and Jaya Prada starrer Souten Ki Beti, and a Boney Kapoor film, she was considered a jinx and nobody was ready to sign her. However, it was Mithun Chakraborty who gave her a platform in the Bollywood industry with the 1989 film Bhrastachar which marked Shilpa’s debut. “Mithun da was the reason I am working in this industry. When I lost out on Souten Ki Beti and Boney Kapoor’s then titled Jungle, the industry had wrote me off as a jinx. It was dada who got me a role in Bhrashtachar and my journey in this wonderful industry began,” she said.

She further also thanked Anil Kapoor for how he would take the effort to show her work, portfolio etc. to directors and producers and help her bag films. “I remember there was casting of a Telugu film back in the 90s and Anil Kapoor was shooting in Hyderabad, and he actually carried my photo album to show the producer and director and then, even I got the film.” In the same breath, Shirodkar also thanked many others in the industry for being supportive and encouraging her to follow this career. “It would be unfair if I took just one or two names. The entire industry, my co-actors, my directors, my producers, my crew and my lovely technicians all of them played an important role in all the work I have done,” she added.

Shilpa Shirodkar is known for some of the most popular 90s films like the Govinda, Chunky Pandey starrer Aankhen, Sridevi, Amitabh Bachchan starrer Khuda Gawah, Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit starrer Kishen Kanhaiya among others. She quit the industry in 2000 after tying the knot with Aparesh Ranjit. The actress returned to the screen but with television shows in 2013.

Also Read: Shilpa Shirodkar talks about losing ‘Chhaiya Chhaiya’ to Malaika Arora; reveals makers thought she was “too fat”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/qjWypPN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad